Getting candidates to complete the WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit) form can be crucial in maximizing the potential benefits for employers. Here are three key strategies to encourage candidates to complete the WOTC form:
Clear Communication and Education:
- Explain the Purpose and Benefits: Clearly communicate to candidates the purpose and benefits of completing the WOTC form. Highlight that it can potentially result in tax credits for the employer and will not affect their own employment status, personal taxes, or government assistance being received.
- Provide Written Materials: Offer informative materials, such as brochures or handouts, that explain the WOTC program, eligibility criteria, and the process of completing the form. You can also post flyers on your computers as well as ensuring your WOTC vendor mentions it on their form as well. These materials can help candidates understand the significance and ease of participation.
- Address Concerns: Proactively address any concerns or misconceptions candidates may have about the WOTC form. Assure them that the information provided is confidential and used solely for employer tax credit purposes, in compliance with relevant privacy laws.
Streamline the Process:
- Simplify the Form: Make the WOTC form (yours or your vendor’s) as straightforward and user-friendly as possible. Minimize the number of required fields and provide clear instructions to guide candidates through each section.
- Integrate with ATS: If you have an ATS, integrate the WOTC form directly into your application process. This eliminates additional steps for candidates, making it more convenient and increasing the likelihood of completion.
- Mobile-Friendly Option: Optimize the form for mobile devices to accommodate candidates who prefer completing forms on smartphones or tablets. A mobile-friendly experience enhances accessibility and convenience.
Incentives and Follow-up:
- Offer Incentives: Consider providing incentives to candidates who complete the WOTC form. This could be in the form of a small gift card, a discount coupon, or entry into a prize drawing. Incentives can motivate candidates to take the extra step and increase form completion rates.
- Follow-up Reminders: Send follow-up reminders to candidates who have not yet completed the WOTC form. These reminders can be in the form of personalized emails or text messages, gently encouraging candidates to finalize the process. Timing these reminders strategically, such as shortly after the initial application or at key milestones in the hiring process, can be effective.
- Provide Support: Offer assistance and support to candidates who have questions or encounter difficulties in completing the form. Establish a dedicated contact person or a helpline to address their concerns promptly and ensure a smooth process.
Remember, transparency, simplicity, and convenience are essential in encouraging candidates to complete the WOTC form. By effectively communicating the purpose, simplifying the process, and providing incentives and support, you can increase the likelihood of form completion, maximizing the potential benefits for both candidates and employers.